CALL TO CONVENTION 2016
SIXTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE
Pursuant to the authority provided by the Virginia Democratic Party Plan, the Sixth District Democratic Committee hereby calls a Convention, at 10 a.m. May 21, 2016, at Rockbridge County High School, Lexington, Virginia 24450.
Incorporated Documents. All appropriate provisions of the Virginia Democratic Party (DPVA) Plan (“State Party Plan”), as amended, the DPVA 2016 Call to Convention, and the DPVA 2016 Delegate Selection Plan are hereby incorporated into this Call by reference and made a part hereof.
The purposes of the District Convention shall be:
• To elect two male (one Sanders; one Clinton) and two female (one Sanders; one Clinton) National Delegates, one male (Clinton) National Alternate;
• To elect three (3) permanent members to the permanent Credentials and Rules Committees of the State Convention;
• To select a presidential elector representing the Sixth Congressional District in the 2016 general presidential election;
• To nominate a candidate to the U.S. House of Representatives;
• To conduct such other business as may properly come before the Convention.